Monday, January 28, 2008

Fwd: Jenkins



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Dunn <elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Jan 23, 2008 1:01 AM
Subject: RE: Jenkins
To: Guy Jenkins <jenkins.guy@gmail.com>


Hello Guy,
 
I'm very excited to hear from you as well. My son and I and a friend went to genolagy in Glasgow to try and find out May's name, which was one of the things unfortunatley we didn't know. We then found her and then later we found a marriage certificate for her and Ian Douglas Campbell (They were married in 1962 i'll get the exact date for you).
 
My father (your grandfather) I have recentley learned, did see May regularly although I'm not sure if she knew it was her father. He knew alot about her he knew that she was training to be a nurse and married a doctor (of philosophy though not medicine).
 
My father used to speak about May and always wondered what happened to her in Canada. Sadly my father died in an accident in 1990 and never found out what happend to May. You mentioned that your birthday was the 9th of October that's the same birthday as your grandfather James. I will send you some photos and with them give you all the info on my father.
 
May was born in November 30th 1942 in the same house as me (although i wasn't born till much later) my father married Jean McMaster Mcarthur in December. Sadly they divorced around a year or so later, and still like today the baby went with the mother.
 
I only know small bits and peices after this, at some point Jean moves to England without May and eventually re-marries, while May is looked after by 'Granny Hodge' who we think was Jean's aunt.
 
May and 'Granny Hodge' move into Norse Road with Grannys daughter Mary and her husband Jack Conway and there three children, Hugh, Ian and Robert.  This was when May was around 12 Years old. I'm actually going to be meeting the Hodge brothers tonight for the first time, hopefully they can tell me more and also have photographs which if they do i'll send onto you.
 
In tracing May we found Ian Douglas Campbell still living in Canada, and I have been in contact with him. He told me that he and May first met when she was 15 and married when she was 19. Ian has been a great help and is the only person i've been in touch with who can tell me about May from 1950s right up to late 60s. I have his e-mail address if you're interested in talking to him.
 
I'm Elizabeth aged 46 married with four sons who are grown up and whom i'll tell you about later.
 
Agnes is 52 who has two children and three grand children
 
James is 50 and lives in Aberdeen he has two step-children and two boys.
 
Robert is 44 and has two boys.
 
Susan is 35 and has a boy and a girl.
 
I'll get some photos and send them to you aswell of all your uncles, aunts and cousins.
 
Thank you very much for sending that picture it meant alot, and I defintley see a family resemblence. Ian Campbell sent me a photo of May when she just turned 19 do you want me to pass onto you? He has more which he's sending me and will glady send onto you.
 
I would love to see a  photo of you and your bother and sister.
 
I've probably missed out a lot of information in sending this email (excitement) and i will defintley find out alot more about the Hodge family to pass onto you. If you have any questions please ask.
 
May, certainley from our family has always been thought about, even though we didn't know her we always wanted to find her and that i was so sorry to find out that she passed away.
 
From what i've gathered from the Hodge family they also tried to trace her but had no luck.
 
Elizabeth



Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:10:34 -0500

From: jenkins.guy@gmail.com
To: elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: Jenkins

Elizabeth,

I'm very excited to hear from one of my mom's relatives, and I think it's great that you've found us.  My brother, sister, and I have thought many times about trying to find relatives in Scotland.  The feeling that we had had though was that there wasn't anyone in Scotland who was really interested in my mom.  I can't imagine how you found us.  You must have traced my mom from Scotland to Canada to the USA.

I'm fairly sure that she didn't know of any family on her father's side.  She said that she only saw her father once.  Someone pointed out to her "Look May, that man over there is your father."

Growing up, I don't remember her talking much about her past.  A lot of what I've learned about her came from my aunt (who raised me after my parents died).

I talked to my brother and sister, telling them about you.  We don't know much of anything about either of her parents.  I collected a bunch of questions, but mostly we want to know about her parents and siblings.  I'd love to hear more from you.

I suppose that you don't have any pictures, so I'm including one.

-Guy


On Jan 21, 2008 3:03 PM, Elizabeth Dunn < elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Hello Guy,
 
I hope this is not too much of a shock, or is upsetting for you to talk about your mother and father. I have discovered that May is my half-sister we both share the same father James Stuart Dalrymple. I have been searching for May for around 20 years - since I found out when I was younger.
 
I'm really sad that I've now never got the chance to meet her - I don't think she knew she had family on her father's side. Did she ever talk about her father to you? I'm really please that i've now just discovered that I have neices and nephews that I never knew existed. This e-mail is a bit of a shock that's its been confirmed as May and I hope my e-mail isn't a shock to you.
 
I would love to keep in touch and I can tell you information about May's father (your grandfather) and I can tell you whatever info I have on May.
 
Elizabeth



Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:55:57 -0500

From: jenkins.guy@gmail.com
To: elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: Jenkins

Oh, and I forgot to ask, how exactly are you related to May?  I know next to nothing about her family.

-Guy



On Jan 21, 2008 2:51 PM, Guy Jenkins < jenkins.guy@gmail.com> wrote:
Elizabeth,

Yes, she's the one.  I even have a bit of her accent.  Here is the information that I have about her marriages and kids:

She married Ian Douglas Campbell in Scotland and moved to Canada.  I don't have any dates related to that.  She was divorced from Ian and married Gary Edwin Trexler (born September 22, 1939 in Hill City, Kansas) on March 28, 1970.  They were separated (I don't know whether that means divorced or not, my notes say 'separated', but I was about 13 when I wrote them) on October 3rd, 1974.  I'm not sure when she moved to the USA.

She married my dad (John McWhirter Jenkins, born July 15, 1944 in Arlington, VA and died December 30, 1995 at home in Lorton VA, of bone cancer) on June 16, 1980, and I, Guy Eversfield Jenkins (named after my grandfather) was born October 9th, 1980 (my dad really wanted kids, so they waited until she was pregnant to get married).  She had three kids that I'll describe below, and died at home after a 9-year struggle against breast cancer on January 9th, 1994.

I married Piri Trinnes Powell (born July 9th, 1980 in Alexandria, VA) on August 14th, 2004 and we have a brand new baby, Linnéa Sabeen Jenkins (born September 12th, 2007).

Her second son is named John Scot Jenkins and was born February 23rd, 1982.

Her youngest child is named April Jean Jenkins, who was born on April 17th, 1984.  April has two kids, Grace May Hernandez, born November 5th, 2003 and Gray McWhirter Jenkins, born January 19th, 2006.  The father of the kids is named Kennith Hernandez.  They're not married.

I hope this is the type of information that you're looking for and that I didn't give you much more than you wanted.

-Guy


On Jan 21, 2008 11:55 AM, Elizabeth Dunn < elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Hello Guy,
 
Thank you for your quick reply. I was hoping if you were able to tell me if May, was born in Scotland, or had a Scottish accent? I'm hoping it's the correct May born November 30th 1942 in Glasgow to James Stuart Dalrymple and Jean Mcmaster Mcarthur.
 
Elizabeth



Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:23:06 -0500
From: jenkins.guy@gmail.com
To: elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: Jenkins


Hi Elizabeth,

I'm Guy Jenkins, son of John and May.  I have a little record of some family history and can help you with information about them.  What would you like to know?  Which side of the family are you interested in?

-Guy


On Jan 21, 2008 8:33 AM, Piri Jenkins <pirister@gmail.com> wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Borchelt <matt@borcheltphoto.com>
Date: Jan 20, 2008 11:26 PM
Subject: Fwd: Jenkins
To: Piri Jenkins < pirister@gmail.com>


Hi Piri,

this just showed up in my inbox- I didn't reply, I thought i'd pass it
on to guy instead. note the UK address. Did you guys get one?

thanks,

matt

Begin forwarded message:

From: Elizabeth Dunn < elizabethdunn2008@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: January 20, 2008 12:52:15 PM EST
To: <matt@borcheltphoto.com>
Subject: Jenkins


Hi Matt,

I'm hoping you may be able to help me. I'm trying to trace some family
members which I think you might be related to. May Buchanan Jenkins,
and John Jenkins from Lorton VA? I know that they've passed on - but
i'm hoping you're the correct person.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

________________________________
Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!



Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!




Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!



Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!

No comments: